Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are proud to be supporting a leading pharmaceutical organisation as they look to expand their Manufacturing department.
With this in mind they are now looking to add a Principal Production Technologist to their team.
To provide first line management of manufacturing operations, including new product introduction. To ensure the safety and quality of products made, by compliance with EHS regulations and the requirements of cGMP.
- Manage team members effectively. Ensure team and any secondees are trained to the level required to support safe, effective cGMP operation. Provision of coaching, guidance and development to meet their personal and business needs.
- Ensure EHS compliance by operating safe systems of work, including Permit to Work, Hazard Review and Risk Assessment.
- Apply expert knowledge and experience in discussion and debate, and contribute/lead deviation investigations.
- Develop a ‘go-see’ approach and establish management presence within the cleanrooms.
- Liaise with plant technical support and other departments as required to efficiently resolve and document issues in a compliant manner. This may include out of hours trouble shooting and support as required.
- Interpretation of asset and business plans with consideration to the requirements of the role. Feed into the asset planning system to ensure these plans are met.
- Ownership of manufacturing suites and systems ensuring audit readiness at all times.
- Establish cross skilling such that teams can multitask.
- Day to day management of production processes, turn around activities and production technicians.
- Own the plant manufacturing plan and proactively drive adherence to it/mitigate against any slippages.
- Run manufacturing tier 1 and tier 2 meetings.
- Provide first point of contact, troubleshooting issues and/or using site tier systems to escalate risks.
- Ensure shift rostering is appropriate for activities being performed, tailoring the shift roster to support manufacturing and turnaround activity within the manufacturing facility. Ensure E/D/L system is employed fairly and consistently across all of manufacturing.
New Product Introduction Focused
- Oversee the delivery of New Product Introductions on time and in full.
- Ensure process fit into the manufacturing assets on an E/D/L working arrangement.
- Maintain standard ways of working and when necessary ensure early identification of changes to standard operations and manage their introduction in a safe, compliant and timely manner.
- Input into the manufacturing tier 1 and tier 2 meetings on project status for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Support ongoing manufactures by proactively troubleshooting issues and/or using site tier systems to escalate risks.