Job DescriptionTechnical Sales Specialist – upto £40,000
Our client, a speciality chemical technology company are currently looking for a Technical Sales Specialist to join their team. The company is looking to expand after a long term R&D development program with substantial private funding and research grants. As a Technical Sales Specialist you will be sales/ commercially focused with a good understanding of typical thermoplastic processing methods including injection moulding, extrusion and blow moulding. Pre-existing contacts from within the plastics industry would be desirable and previous experience working for a plastics producer or distribution company would be a benefit.
Technical Sales Specialist – Responsibilities
- Networking and building client base within target sectors.
- Travelling extensively meeting potential clients to qualify new opportunities.
- Developing potential partners and identify capabilities within collaborations.
- Planning, execution and supervision of initial manufacturing trials.
- Feedback and reporting of results to allow continuous improvement of sales process.
Technical Sales Specialist – Key skills
- Ideally degree qualification in plastic/polymer/material sciences or related field.
- Experience within thermoplastic processing methods including injection moulding, extrusion and blow moulding.
- Experience within a sales or commercially focussed role
- Ability to identify organisations within target sectors, setting up meetings and building relationships with clients.
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands on attitude and self-motivation
- Ability and willingness to travel on a regular basis.
- Salary circa. £35-40,000 per annum
- OTE based on successful outcomes
- Car allowance
- Company pension plan
- Holiday allowance
Key skills: Sales / Area sales / Polymer / Plastics / Technical /