Our client is a premier specialty chemicals company with leading positions in attractive end markets around the world. With a broad customer reach and diverse end markets, who develops, manufactures and markets technologically advanced and high value added products, including lithium and lithium compounds, bromine and derivatives, catalysts and surface treatment chemistries used in a wide range of applications including consumer electronics, flame retardants, metal processing, plastics, contemporary and alternative transportation vehicles, refining, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, construction and custom chemistry services.
The company is focused on delivering differentiated, performance-based technologies that deliver innovative and sustainable solutions to its customers. The Company employs approximately 6,900 people and serves customers in approximately 100 countries. Albemarle regularly posts information to www.albemarle.com, including notification of events, news, financial performance, investor presentations and webcasts, Regulation G reconciliations, SEC filings and other information regarding the Company, its businesses and the markets it serves.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A subject matter expert responsible for supporting contract efforts by:
- Recommending contract language
- Assisting with contract negotiations
- Working with the Legal Department to evaluate contract language
- Administering the execution of contracts or subcontracts to minimize risk to the company
- Assists Project Managers with communications of scope changes, performance tracking, and general vendor communication documentation under a valid contract.
- Takes the lead in resolving contract disputes with the support of the Legal Department
- Recommends contract language that supports monitoring of contract performance requirements, including milestones under the terms & conditions to ensure compliance with law, regulations, corporate policy and contractual expectations.
- Provides guidance on complex contractual requirements and corporate policy to line management organizations.
- Ensures contract review, approval and execution is in accordance with corporate policy.
- Prepares and analyzes complex reports of contract activities.
- Conducts regular reviews with Project Management & Legal on the heath of contractual relationships and risks for commercial claims.
- Complies and enforces change management procedures in the contracts administration function.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline with 10+ years of contracting experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Expert knowledge of commercial contract law and management principles.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience with claims and arbitrations a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and act with minimum supervision.
- Must possess organizational skills and analytical thinking for accuracy and completeness
- Experience with a stage gated project delivery process from FEL1-4 is desired.
- Exceptional spoken and written communications in the English language; additional languages are a plus, especially Spanish.