A highly regarded global manufacturer is looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to lead development and support Engineering teams in Essex.
- Deliver hands on projects for multiple clients - main point of contact
- Coordinate activities of mechanical design team
- Undertake calculations using FEA on designs as part of manufacturing process
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders in creating correct designs and ensure manufacture
- Review existing designs for improvement
- Play a role and lead projects for new product introduction
- Be qualified to Degree level in an Engineering / Technical subject
- Experience in any of the sectors: Engines, Rail, Marine, Naval, Oil & Gas or Power industry.
- Experience in best practice NPD/NPI methodology.
- Have strong analysis skills – use of Excel / FEA
- Have a good breadth of mechanical knowledge
- Have experience of diesel / rotating equipment / marine industries
- Comfortable travelling to various sites.
- Design for Manufacture & Assembly (DFMA)
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday and the option to purchase up to 5 days additional days,
- Competitive Pension
- Car loan scheme
- Extra benefits
Lead Mechanical, principal mechanical, electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor, 2D, 3D, FEA, Finite Element Analysis, DFM, design for manufacture, drawings, modify, machinery, mechanical engineering, complex fabrication, complex mechanical designs
Location – Essex