Reports to: Plant Manager
Employee Type: Permanent / Full-Time
Location: Cameron, LA
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a fast growing Midstream Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a HSE Manager to be based in Cameron, LA.
The HSE Manager is responsible for reducing the probability of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental incidents and serious near-misses that may result in personal injury, environmental damage and/or financial loss to site facilities during the life cycle. He or she applies his/her expertise and leadership to create and promote a pro-active positive HSE culture.
He or she supports the Site Manager in an overall team effort to develop and implement a Manufacturing Policy and Plan which includes budgets, Health, Safety, Security & Environmental matters, Organizational & Cultural development of the Manufacturing Organization and other aspects of the company’s business where the skills are required.
The position is accountable for planning, organizing, and controlling the HSE function of the Site to ensure that an effective incident prevention program is in place, maintained and improved. This includes a 24/7 effective emergency response organization. Scope of work is management of Process Safety, Occupational Safety & Health, Emergency Response, Security and Environment (Industrial Hygiene). HSE related policies, procedures, performance management system, practices and pro-active culture are in place and maintained, and appropriate measures are taken to comply with corporate, OSHA, and other legal and regulatory requirements (Federal & State) and directives by both employees as well as third parties.
HSE Policies & Procedures
- Responsible for defining and implementing of a HSE Policy and Plan which includes Budgets and Organizational & Cultural development of the Manufacturing Organization.
- Responsible for defining and implementing of a HSE related Risk Management policy, procedure and methods.
- Keeps abreast of all relevant HSE related legislation & regulations (Federal & State) and corporate requirements & standards, and makes sure relevant information is translated in policies, procedures, rules and instructions.
- Assures full compliance to HSE related legislation & regulations, corporate requirements and management system(s).
- Ensures incorporation of HSE related learnings of other COMPANY subsidiaries and peers in chemical industry in relevant policies, procedures, training material and management systems.
- Creates synergy with COMPANY, IFCO and other COMPANY subsidiaries. Ensures that HSE team contributes to and uses global best practices.
- Advises Site Leadership Team on all matters pertaining HSE.
HSE Performance Management
- Accountable for development and implementation of an effective HSE Risk Management System (prevention and repression) and HSE Performance Management System.
- Accountable for all HSE related work processes, training material, tools and systems.
- Develops, communicates and champions key HSE performance measures for the Site.
- Analyses, reports and drives continuous improvement of HSE performance based on this performance management system.
- Develops and implements effective Contractor & Supplier HSE Performance Management.
- Contributes to the improvement of manufacturing processes, procedures and systems.
- Reviews, comments and approves Management of Change proposals.
- Manages Workers Compensation Claims
- Accountable for development and implementation of an effective internal HSE related Audit Management System.
- Coordinates Internal and External audits such as Authority, Insurance or Corporate audits. Coordinates responses, resolutions and recommendations.
- Audits workers and work practices to ensure that protective devices and safe work procedures are consistently and properly utilized.
- Follows-up on recommendations of Safety Committees or relevant Authorities and updates the HSE management system accordingly.
- Responsible for development and implementation of an effective Emergency Response Plan & Organization.
- Initiates and ensures that investigations of incidents, accidents, (serious) near misses and unsafe working conditions are conducted in a complete and timely manner providing remedial actions to achieve effective incident prevention and avoidance of losses.
- Accountable for preparing and issuing reports and maintaining good working relationship with relevant statutory and government regulatory bodies on HSE and licensing & permitting matters.
- Acts as liaison with government agencies and serves as Site Leadership Team representative in case of inquiries and inspections to correct deficiencies and to minimize citations and fines for non-compliance.
- Maintains close follow-up with employees or family members of those employees who may have been seriously injured while at work.
- Maintains and reports relevant HSE records required by the Company and Authorities.
- Accountable for the development and effective management of the HSE controllable cost budgets for Site.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Education, Experience, and/or Training
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering Science (Process Engineering or equivalent)
- Master of Safety, Health & Environment a plus
- 12 – 15+ years’ experience in HSE in an operating petrochemical or plant related environment
- LNG liquefaction operational experience a PLUS
- Proven experience managing a team, monitoring and setting KPI’s, and performance evaluation
- Strong communication skills from field to C-level
- Knowledge of relevant legislations, requirements and standards
- Experience in Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Management Systems, Risk Assessments, HSE Design Strategies & Criteria, Design Standards and Organization Auditing, and HSE tools like TRIPOD, HAZOP, Consequences Analysis, Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Assessments, FMEA, etc.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of one of the fast growing Operators who are driving forward increasingly specialised and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid vacation, matching 401K and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.