Structural CAD Technician – Peterborough
£25,000 - £30,000 –CAD Technician- DAYS – 37.5 hr week – Mon – Friday - excellent company benefits! (Bonus – pension – private healthcare)
A leading UK Building Materials Manufacturer is embarking on a new internal consultancy and is now rapidly expanding with product orders now soaring through the roof. Are you CAD Technician with experience of the drawing software - Tekla? This opportunity gives you “that little bit more” of a challenge and offers stability with a progressive career path with one of the UK’s Leading Manufacturers who are at the leading the way with new technologies.
You will be play a pivotal role in a colossal business working directly along-side the principal structural engineer and interacting directly with clients to tailor the product range to their demands.
Role & Responsibilities:
Producing CAD design drawings issued from the design team and through your work demonstrating the high quality of CAD product that is expected from design teams;
- Your work content will include: civil engineering and railways CAD drawing production or modifications; spreadsheet work; and some project administration, such as maintaining orderly drawing registers and records of incoming and outgoing drawings.
- Responsible for providing simple civil engineering and railway design input under mentorship to multidisciplinary design teams on projects.
- Responsible for own activities to agreed timescales, where you will be able to demonstrate your ability to plan and manage the work of yourself and others within the defined scope of a small task or activity.
- To ensure version control of the drawings designs are maintained and align with the company standards.
- Effectively maintain development documentation in line with the companies systems.
- The role offers scope for personal skill development, especially in relation to increasing railway and civil engineering CAD drawing and design expertise and experience and the application of BIM. Continual development under a Training Agreement will be put in place enabling career advancement.
- Experienced in the use of design software packages (Tekla)
- Experience of working as a Technician in an engineering design environment
- Familiarity with safety criteria &procedure
- Basic underpinning knowledge of civil engineering, geotechnical and structural engineering design principles
- Experience of developing 3D model and/or application of BIM procedures would be a benefit
- HNC in Civil Engineering or Equivalent
- A recognised qualification in Cad would be beneficial.
- Competitive Salary
- Extra benefits
- Development & Career progression
Key Skills; CAD Technician, AutoCAD, Tekla, Drawings, BIM, BIM Modelling, Construction, Building Materials, Concrete, Aggregates, Structural Engineering
Mario Bryan 07702267698