You will be required to direct and manage all aspects of multi-discipline projects from inception through completion. Define base line scope, programmes and allowances together with the procedures for management of requests for change to allowance/budgets in advance of Project Execution Plan. You will manage the client site team and working with various contracting businesses to deliver the projects.
Key duties and responsibilities for the role will include;
- Produce project objectives and scope, ensuring the process/technical solution has been properly defined.
- To be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of plans to ensure the achievement of project objectives.
- Manage project timeline, budget, contractors and external bodies effectively.
- Define the procurement strategy including vendor assessment requirements and levels of inspection/validation commensurate with associated risks.
- Develop a project scope that will deliver the project objectives in line with financial, capacity and schedule expectations.
- Establish safety, cost, quality and time objectives and monitor and control the project delivery to meet those targets, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Ensure that the HSE performance of the project meets expectations and the delivered asset is consistent with global and local standards and procedures.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the site based engineering teams and external contractors to ensure the successful delivery of project objectives
- Actively co-ordinate the interface between design and construction to ensure safety, schedule and cost targets are achieved.
- Plan, coordinate and manage all engineering and maintenance activities on site
- Oversee maintenance and construction schedules, including plant preventative maintenance schedules
The role requires significant commercial and engineering acumen to control costs, to set budgets and to manage delivery of work to required standards.
- A relevant engineering degree (Chemical, Mechanical or E&I)
- Extensive and recent experience in a Petrochemical, Power Generation or Chemical Manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working for an asset owner
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior leadership / site engineering management role
- Knowledge of top tier COMAH regulations would be preferred
- Project management at a high level, procurement and financial competence, negotiating skills
- Ability to plan multiple activities with competing priorities