|Job Title:||Logistics Specialist|
|Location:||Houston, United States|
|Salary:||£40 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Erica Williams|
|Job Published:||June 22, 2018 14:41|
Summary: The main function of a Logistics Specialist is to coordinate and expedite the movement materials from production facilities to customers, within the company’s regional tolling network, and/or intercompany stock transfers to the company’s facilities around the globe. Shipments must be executed with Operational Excellence to ensure the companies material is moved safely, efficiently, and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Coordinates closely with the company’s Customer Service, service providers, and Operations Department and/or 3rd Party toll locations to ensure shipping schedules are executable within the constraints of the location and to deliver the product on-time/in full to customers.
• Process and file previous day’s load and unload documentation from the company’s main facility and/or 3rd Party toll and terminal locations.
• Generates daily load schedules for all modes of transportation.
• Provides proper and accurate documentation for export shipments.
• Responsible for meeting documentation requirements for hazardous materials/dangerous goods for bulk shipments as required by International Air Transportation Association (IATA), International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code, Department of Transportation (DOT) and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICOA).
• Schedule logistics for export and domestics package freight and bulk shipments both directly with providers and 3rd party logistics and freight forwarding providers. Shipping modes include bulk trucks, ISO containers, and FTL & LTL package freight shipment for non-bulk cargoes.
• Execute all logistical transactions for the company’s shipments at the company’s facility and/or the company’s 3rd party locations in SAP. a. Logistics transactions are defined but not limited to creating purchase orders, processing good receipts, creating bill of ladings, creating certificates of analysis, and posting outbound shipments on time.
• Create export documentation packages including IMO Dangerous Goods Declaration Shipping Papers and Canadian Customs Invoice.
• Work collaboratively with the company’s and the company’s 3rd party team members to resolve financial traces and inventory discrepancies.
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, problem solving, planning and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to analyze costs and delays related to logistics and provide input to optimize costs, lead and transit times, etc.
• Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to shipping by various modes.
• Must utilize Microsoft Word and Excel, SharePoint, and SAP/MII to execute roles and responsibilities.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• A minimum of 2 years of logistics experience required.
• Experience with domestic exports preferred.
• Previous O/G and Enterprise industry experience preferred.
• Experience utilizing SAP/ERP systems for logistics purposes preferred.
• Certification Required -- Dangerous/Hazardous goods for Non-Bulk or Bulk packages. (Certification must be obtained within 90 days of start date.)
• Local candidates preferred.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Sabine Pass, United States
CAD50 - CAD60 per hour
Texas, United States
$15 - $20 per annum
QA/QC Specialist III
Watkins, United States
$600 - $675 per day
GIS Pipeline Data Specialist
Houston, United States
$35 - $50 per hour