Location: Houston, TX
Duration: Long Term Contract
Pay Rate: Competitive.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Module Equipment Layout utilizing cut sheets interfacing with the Mechanical and Process Departments
- Pipe routing utilizing PDMS from P&ID’s
- Drawing generation of equipment and piping arrangements from PDMS
- Material Take off reporting from PDMS
- Conduct and document internal/client design reviews using PDMS and/or Navisworks
- Maintain Project schedule and man hour estimate
- Oversee and direct other project team members
- May produce piping isometrics on “stress critical” lines
- Ensure PDMS Design Standards are adhered by all team members.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 20 plus years of equipment layout and piping design experience with Project Piping Lead design experience.
- FPSO – Offshore Piping design experience REQUIRED
- Ability to adapt to project priority or design changes
- Must demonstrate ability to prepare root cause analysis, develop alternative solutions and communicate associated benefits and risks.
- Regularly demonstrates capability for conceptualizing designs.
- Understanding of internal economic factors (cost, margins, profit impact of decisions) affecting assigned areas.
- Must be proficient in use of CAD and Database systems related to Engineering functions.
- Demonstrates good organization and project planning skills.