Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina (NC)
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Chemical Operator, is seeking a Capital Procurement Buyer for a permanent position to be based in Charlotte, North Carolina (NC).
The Capital Procurement Buyer will execute the strategy developed by Corporate Engineering in alignment with the Global Purchasing strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiate and manage contracts for their responsible projects
- Manage bidding processes for capital project equipment and services ensuring a fair and efficient bidding process, clear communication, and optimum bidder selection
- Work with project managers to develop procurement plants for capital projects. Participate in executing the plan from project development to warranty execution, as needed.
- Identify, communicate and execute cost reduction opportunities
- Effectively develop the supplier base and manage supply chain partner performance and relationships.
- Participate in improvement of Capital Procurement policy and guidelines. Work to educate internal customers on these policies and guidelines
- Work in close alignment with Corporate Purchasing to leverage existing supply contracts.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure site continuity and deliver results in line with the organization’s Business Plan
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. This Engineering role is governed by policies and frameworks established by Company.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Candidates must have the following experience or working knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in purchasing (proficiency in key purchasing processes, management of tenders & contracts, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Operations, Engineering, or Capex Purchasing
- Strong functional knowledge of Strategic Sourcing
- Data driven, strategic thinker, addresses partner and internal / external customer needs
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP system
- Proficient User of MS Office Suite
- Excellent change-management skills
- Ability to participate and lead in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of leadership internally and externally
- Ability to ensure acceptance by other departments within the organization (stakeholder management skills)
- Excellent written/verbal/presentation communication skills
- Integration experience a plus
- English is mandatory
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or technical/financial area
- MBA is a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a leading Operator who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.