NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client is currently seeking a TA Scheduler in the Sarnia, ON area. Candidates must be local or have accomodations in the area as no LOA will be provided.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates SAFETY is the top priority
- Participates in planning with Core/Work Teams
- Plans and schedules any Routine
- Maintenance work required
- Works with Planner in developing schedule, cost estimates and equipment planning for Routine work to be accomplished during the Turnaround window
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS'
- Years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering within an applicable discipline, appropriate certification(s) within discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely convey recommendations to management
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Proficient in selected scheduling and planning software
- Able to apply planning logic, such as, lead, lag, critical path and milestones.
- Demonstrates good leadership skills in Work Team meetings to remove barriers and steward action items and cost profile to work plan and cost estimates. Able to adequately assess work contingencies with schedule impact, lead coordination activity between teams should contingencies arise.
- Able to plan complex job and develop resource plan with Scheduler, Execution lead, and Operations across all disciplines. Able to identify and monitor critical and sub-critical paths for major events.
- Able to apply advanced functions of Planning & Estimating Tools, as applicable to the position. Able to educate field execution personnel on look-ahead schedules, and help ensure timely work progression.
- Able to provide input to maintenance work Contracting/Procurement strategy and steward to that plan. Able to resolve scheduling issues, including: Negative Float, Out-of-sequence updates, resource overloads, scope change, progress validation, etc.
- Able to develop a complete job plan with materials, resources and timeline.
- Able to provide input into material of construction selection and management.
- Able to plan, estimate, track and schedule Field Order Changes (FCO's).