Job DescriptionNew Zealand produces 10 Billion litres of milk a year. We ensure that farmers and dairy companies get the solutions they need to meet the high demand and quality standards of New Zealand milk.
This role will be based in South Taranaki - excellent lifestyle, affordable living, beautiful beaches and mountain views.
You will work with the Mechanical Lead, Refrigeration Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers to design develop and test products for the dairy industry.
Reporting to the R&D Mechanical Lead (based in Auckland) with a dotted line to the Site Manager, your role will be to support the mechanical lead and engineers in testing, evaluating and sourcing of refrigeration or mechanical systems, components and materials.
Key responsibilities include:
- Verification testing of FHT and refrigeration systems
- Sample testing of tanks
- Set up, commissioning and decommissioning of the refrigeration system and data logging systems.
- Test and document the performance and suitability of third party products for use in on farm dairy systems.
- Assist in system installations in the field
- Design and manufacture of simple jigs and fixtures.
- Create documentation on test, assembly, fault finding and maintenance procedures.
- Complete root cause analysis investigations into quality issues.
- Quality control sample testing of components or finished goods
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Either Trade certificate or experience in the refrigeration industry.
- Skills to install, test and verify refrigeration systems.
- Troubleshooting and fault-finding in refrigeration systems
- Computer literate.
- Installation or repair experience in the Refrigeration industry
- Experience working with steel fabrication
- Experience with factory systems
- Experience using 3D-CAD tool such as solidworks.
In return, you will be offered a diverse and interesting role in great lifestyle location with a leading company.
Apply now in full confidentiality or call Hannah on 021 247 7391 for further information.