Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are pleased to be supporting a leading blue-chip pharmaceutical business as they search for a Process Safety Engineer to join their engineering team on site.
As the Process Safety Specialist you will be responsible for ensuring that the site meets legislative requirements and works towards best practices for process safety. You will work as part of a project team or lead your own projects within the HSE department providing process safety solutions to the site manufacturing operations and process development activities.
- Develop the Process Safety Management System, ensuring that specific programmes are managed and reviewed to a set schedule
- Lead the site process safety indicators programme
- Develop the process safety culture with specific focus on human factors and training programmes
- Lead the process safety assessments during the design, installation and operation of facilities and equipment
Requirements & Qualifications
- Degree in a technical discipline e.g. chemical engineering or sciences essential
- Experience of process safety systems such as HAZOP, SIL and process control strategies for managing hazards is essential
- Industry experience in drug substance and drug product manufacturing of licensed pharmaceuticals is desirable.
What makes this position unique?
This is an opportunity to lead and by solely responsible for process safety. You will be working within a large organisation with opportunities for personal development.
Benefits of working in this role
Opportunities for career development globally within the wider business. The workload will be varied and you will be required to manage your own time effectively. There will be a lot of interaction with other departments and functions.
- Preferably pharmaceutical background, if not chemical would be the next best
- Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering
- Experience in Process Safety and associated systems (HAZOP, SIL etc)
- Operational site experience preferred, as opposed to office based
- Able to lead assessment group, Hazard studies etc.