Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is currently seeking 3 Contract Specialists for a Petrochemical project in Alberta. This is a long term contract that will be based in either Calgary AB or Houston Texas to start. The individual needs to be mobile as they could be moved to site later on.
• Formulate and propose contract structure that will be used through the request for proposal (RFP) process;
• Negotiate terms with vendors including changes to scope, schedules, and cost;
• Providing contract related input, recommendations, and contracting support;
• Review of technical Scopes of Work to ensure alignment with commercial documents;
• Implement and manage the RF(x) process including but not limited to creation of RFx package, administration, evaluation and award recommendation;
• Post award contract administration including change orders, invoice attestation, claims and dispute resolution and close-out;
• Developing and implementing the contracting strategy for Client projects;
• Working with and managing Engineering firms on assigned projects to ensure CKPC’s Policy and Procedures are adhered to;
• Development and/or review of contract documentation to ensure Client’s commercial requirements and risk thresholds are being met;
• Review, negotiate, and liaise with Client’s legal and contracts teams on exceptions posed to Client contract terms and conditions;
• Leading contract development with preferred vendors to establish contractual commitments with material suppliers and contractors;
• Identify strategic sourcing opportunities and make recommendations for implementation; and
• Providing support to other Contract Specialists in the organization as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or college business diploma in one of the following: Business Administration or Commerce, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent work experience
• Strong working knowledge of contract law;
• Strong working knowledge of contract formation;
• Minimum of 12 years’ experience with large, complex project contract formation, negotiation and management activities preferably in the energy industry;
• The ideal candidate will also have 5 years of facility related contracting experience; and experience working for both the owner and contractors.
• An excellent communicator with the ability to meet the challenge of tight deadlines and providing exceptional services is a must;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced, demanding environment;
• Customer service focus, a can-do attitude, and assertiveness to ensure business requirements are met;
• An ability to travel or relocate internationally for extended periods of time; and
Team oriented with demonstrated ability to prioritize