Job DescriptionTeam Leader, Medicinal Chemistry - Oxfordshire - Permanent
An opportunity has arisen for an Medicinal Chemistry Team Leader to join an exciting Biotechnology company in the Oxfordshire area. The role will involve leadership of a team of highly experienced Medicinal Chemists for the delivery of small molecule drugs across a number of disease areas.
- Management and development of a team of Medicinal Chemists as well as oversight of projects
- Leading by example both in the lab and across project teams in small molecule discovery
- Driving innovation and introducing new ideas to achieve organisational goals and answer biological questions
- Work cross functionally with colleagues throughout the global organization to ensure drug candidates are delivered on time
- PhD or equivalent experience in synthetic / medicinal chemistry
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams in the discovery of small molecule drugs through to pre-clinical safety studies
- A strong track record of delivering small molecule drugs from discovery to clinical development
- Exhibits a robust understanding of scientific disciplines beyond his/her own specialty area
- Communicates with high precision and skill, to enable the effective dissemination, internally and externally, of advanced ideas.