Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are recruiting for a Machine Shop Cell Leader who will lead the team with the refurbishment and repair of electrical and mechanical rotating equipment.
The ideal candidate has current hands on experience in manual machines within a workshop such as - Centre Lathes, Horizontal Borers, Milling Machines and Balancing Machines within a supervisory role or managing a team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Allocate all work tasks on machining centres, lathes, borers, balancing machine and general equipment providing job specific information to workshop employees and supervise completion to meet deadlines, quality and safety expectations to meet monthly business RFC.
- Review job requirements and co-ordinate with Supervisor, Team Leaders, and Workshop employees to ensure a high level of efficiency and flexibility.
- Support team in determining the optimum approach to work execution and provide technical guidance and trouble shooting for more complex activities where necessary.
- Approve all repair data gathered by employees within the department.
- Assist with the team workload, particularly complex or higher criticality equipment where engineering specifications or build tolerances require greater experience or knowledge to complete correctly.
- Regularly ensure all jobs are closed, all documentation is checked and signed off before any paperwork is reviewed by Supervisor.
- Co-ordination of overtime & holidays for direct reports are managed to ensure productivity and workloads are managed to meet customer expectations.
- Control & minimise non-productive time to acceptable limits utilising such time as arises to maintain company equipment in good/safe working order within reasonable cost.
- Ensure sufficient supplies, equipment and tools are available for the department, and liaise regularly with Supervisor ensuring that all component parts required for all projects are delivered on schedule.
- Provide assistance with HR matters such as appraisals, absence management and investigations.
- Encourage team working to improve working practices and shared learning.
- Produce & approve special drawings to assist employees within the department.
- Assist the Supervisor with ensuring that job progress updates are communicated to customers effectively and answering technical questions where required.
- Assist in investigations and resolving customer complaints, providing root cause analysis when required.
- Previous experience in a similar role and conversant with the use and operations of large machining centres, borers, grinders, balancing machine and general machine shop equipment to;
- Manufacture mechanical components
- General machining/turning work
- Component overhauls and cleaning
- Mechanical fitting
- Fault finding on various machinery including RCA
- Experience of leading a team and can demonstrate a “lead from the front attitude” & motivate others
- Strong background in mechanical engineering, and general rotating equipment.
You must have been exposed to repairing components and have an understanding of authority standards within rotating equipment. Having a grasp of spray welding would be interesting to my client.
An apprenticeship in electrical or mechanical engineering within an OEM rotating equipment company would be ideal.