Job DescriptionJob Title: Plant Control Systems Technician/ DCS Specialist (Delta V)
Location: Omaha, Nebraska, Geneva, NE
Employee Type: Permanent/ Full-time
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas & Chemicals Industry. Our client, a leading Chemicals Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a DCS Specialist for a direct position based outside of Omaha, Nebraska in Geneva, NE.
The Plant Control Systems Technician (PCST), reports directly to the Plant Manager and is a member of a multi-disciplined crew responsible for the operation of a petrochemical facility, to include process systems, infrastructure, controls, emergency response and operation of the DCS consoles.
Dedication, sensitivity to safety issues and compliance with environmental, operational and safety policies and procedures is essential for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the terminal. The successful candidate must be willing to work in an industrial environment, with the bulk of their time spent performing field work including the inspection, testing, service, repair, configuration, calibration, and installation of automated control systems, Human Machine Interface (HMI) consoles, network hardware, and related components.
The PCST works on complex and detailed systems, troubleshoots and repairs instruments and controls, and replaces component parts as required.
Demonstrated experience with the subject matter or diversified knowledge of principles and practice in broad areas of assignments and related fields:
- Under the supervision or direction of a Senior or Lead, programs and performs changes to existing Emerson DeltaV logic and HMI graphics and other local Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs);
- Maintain the DCS network hardware and configuration;
- Performs periodic backup on all DCS and supporting computers;
- Submit drawings and configuration changes made on the DCS, network, and field instrumentation;
- Assist in training and guiding less experienced Technicians and address Operations control system concerns;
- Basic understanding of all plant DCS, Safety Instrumented System (SIS), PLC processes and control systems;
- Understands control systems for plant utilities, including air, water, power generation, and nitrogen;
- Participates in training on environmental safety, operations and security procedures;
- Recognizes the safety and environmental consequences of actions taken;
- Maintains the highest levels of environmental and safety compliance;
- Performs all duties applying safety protocols and adhering to regulatory mandates;
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience programming Delta V DCS
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining DCS systems in industrial setting (plant, refinery, etc.)
- Applied knowledge of automated control system instruments such as flow meters, pressure gauges, thermocouples, regulators and other industrial components
- Competency in performing DCS/PLC changes in logic, graphics, control loop configuration and network configuration
- Previous work experience demonstrating technical knowledge of Emerson DeltaV, ABB Infi-90 and Allen Bradley control systems
- Knowledge of environmental regulation compliance systems
- Ability to provide guidance and/or training to less experienced Technicians and Operators; Competent in workstation and server software and hardware troubleshooting and repair
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel
- Analytical and deductive reasoning skills, oral and written communication skills, technical writing skills, instrumentation skills, and mathematical skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve equipment or process problems
- Ability to conduct site inspections or walk downs, including working at height
- Ability to recommend changes to DCS, instrumentation drawing and configuration documentation.
- Preferred: Associates of Science degree in a technical field. Formal education in Emerson DeltaV systems, Emerson DeltaV Systems Administration (7027), Emerson DeltaV Virtualization (7029), Emerson DeltaV Implementation II (7017) or Emerson DeltaV Hardware and Troubleshooting (7018), engineering discipline or related military training/experience is desirable.