Job DescriptionMolecular Assay Technician - IVD - Newcastle - Permanent
A new role has come up for a Molecular Assay Technician to join the Assay team of a disruptive IVD company based in the Newcastle area. Are you a degree qualified with experience in PCR and DNA extraction techniques and interested in the opportunity to progress your career?
- To be part of the Assay team responsible for advancing the molecular diagnostic devices.
- To aid in the development, optimisation & commercialisation of a range of diagnostic tests.
- Test, optimise & develop new and existing DNA extraction technologies.
- Perform DNA/RNA extraction on a range of biological samples.
- To work to ensure the company’s research is fully compliant with Quality System Regulations (QSRs) that meet FDA, IVDD, and ISO expectations.
- Record and present data to line manager & colleagues, as well as attending lab, team and project meetings.
- Work within the quality systems, including following GDP and working towards ISO 13485.
- A Degree (e.g. BSc) in Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related subject.
- Proven laboratory experience, including the use of basic biological research equipment, such as pipettes & centrifuges, and maintaining a laboratory notebook.
- Experience of PCR and DNA extraction techniques.
- A keen interest in R&D, a willingness to learn, and the drive to develop a molecular diagnostics device that could help millions of people.
- Ability to fit into a fast-paced, dynamic team environment as the Company matures and moves from the R&D stage towards commercialisation.
- A highly motivated, organized, proactive and enthusiastic individual with a proven ability to work well on their own initiative or as part of a team.