Immunology is an incredibly complex and interesting area of science, and what better way to see research transfer to industry than for working for a world leading, bluechip pharmaceutical company. My client has an exciting vacancy as a Senior Scientist open in the R&D Cellular and Gene Therapy department, concerning molecular biology with a focus on gene editing and flow cytometry.
Senior Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Culturing primary cells and cell lines in aseptic conditions to prevent contamination.
- Gene editing using cells, progressing to characterisation using flow cytometry.
- Managing T cell based functional assays (proliferation, activation and cytotoxicity)
- Reviewing valid data generated from testing undertaken, recorded in a timely manner and reported to the team manager. Statistical analysis of results achieved.
- Possess a PhD degree of immunology/molecular biology relevance.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills, with the capacity to actively participate in team meetings.
- Have the ability to follow and update SOPs accordingly, along with the ability to demonstrate good scientific judgement when necessary.
- Be familiar with working in a GLP environment.
- Have strong analytical and laboratory skills and a breadth of underlying theoretical knowledge, particularly relating to immunology and gene editing.
Please contact Charles on 0161 942 7163 for more information on applying.