Job DescriptionSWIVEL ENGINEER
Job Title: Swivel Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Employee Type: Permanent/ Full-time
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas & Chemicals Industry. Our client, a leading upstream EPCI Company, has a permanent opportunity for a Swivel Engineer for a direct position based outside of Houston, TX.
The preferred candidate shall demonstrate through past experience the successful realization of complete design cycles, as swivel related projects are highly specific for each oil field being developed.
- Typical project cycle activities to be covered by the swivel engineer include:
- client specifications review;
- completion of design bases specific for swivels; conceptual layout;
- selection of sealing system and configuration, pressure and structural loads evaluation;
- sizing of components; stress, strain and fatigue calculations; bolting calculations; selection and specification of materials;
- specification of large slewing bearings, specification of components;
- specification of quality requirements; review of detail and assembly drawings;
- review of bill of materials;
- production of design reports, assembly and testing procedures;
- participation to the assembly and testing of equipment as a supervisory role;
- troubleshooting performance issues; following with Classification Society on documentation review.
- The preferred candidate must absolutely be detail oriented and thorough in checking the documentation produced while executing projects.
- Short duration international travels to strategic suppliers, client meetings and production sites will represent about 5% to 10% of the active duties.
- Proven knowledge of sealing technology
- Proven track record of component and assemblies being designed primarily for deformation
- Functional knowledge of FEA – CFD software with good understanding of proper model configuration, boundary conditions, size of elements, model loading and review of results.
- Proficient in classical analysis
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and geometrical tolerances
- Thorough and organized with top quality documentation such as drawings, reports and specification
- Knowledge of structural engineering
- Knowledge of fluid transfer applications
- Knowledge of basic hydraulic control applications.
Knowledge of the following Industry codes is mandatory:
- ASME section VIII div 1 / div 2, B31.3, B16.5
- API 6A, API RP 14E
- NORSOK P-001, L-005
- NACE MR0175
- AWS D1.1
- VDI 2230
- General knowledge of large forging and casting production, machining, welding and weld overlay manufacturing techniques.
- General knowledge of typical non destructive
- Good knowledge of typical pressure vessel materials and general knowledge of offshore structural materials
- Past experience with class society rules such as ABS, Lloyd’s DNV and BV is desirable.