Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to be based in Yokohama, Japan on 2 year project.
- Assist in developing the Project Quality Management system by establishing procedures, plans and work instructions as needed
- Provide technical quality inputs to project deliverables as per established Project Controls and Assurance Plan (PCAP)
- Provide guidance to the project team on matters related to QA and support project initiatives to raise the quality awareness amongst project team members, contractors and vendors
- Review and provide inputs to RFP/RFQ documents
- Follow up execution of Supplier Quality Intervention Plans for procured items including coordination of surveillance activities, witnessing of inspection and test activities by project team and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) at vendor shops
- Carry out or participate in pre-qualification audits and assessments on potential vendors and contractors
- Participate and provide input into technical HSE and integrity reviews
- Follow up corrective actions from audits and reviews and maintain status register
- Professional engineer with a 10-15 Years of QA/QC experience in Design, Fabrication, Procurement, Construction and Project Management in Oil and Gas facilities
- Technical Authority level 2 or 3 in Quality Engineering
- Graduate Engineer (B.Sc. Eng. / BE/B.Tech.) either in Mechanical / Metallurgical / Welding / Electrical / Instrumentation/Civil engineering as appropriate
- IRCA, UK Registered Lead Assessor, ASQ Quality Auditor or equivalent
- Management experience in establishment, operation and maintenance of quality management system in accordance with ISO 9000 with the capability of developing quality system, quality plans, work procedures and inspection plans
- The role will require a fair amount of travel
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.