Location: Houston, TX
Employee Type: Permanent/ Full- Time
The Strategic Sourcing Lead will be responsible for leading and managing the development of Strategic Sourcing processes and analyses to procure goods and services that deliver "best value" (meet required quality and service levels, at the lowest total cost in the market) results. This role develops Sourcing strategies with a focus on higher level, strategic thought processes and activities involving long range planning, forecasting, and support of complex contract negotiations for critical, high spend categories. Interacts with Company’s regions to maximize opportunities and ensure agreement and buy-in of operations. Must have analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work in a team-based environment and drive project schedules.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow the Company strategic sourcing process and produce high-quality deliverables in support of the Strategic Sourcing Supervisor, Key Stakeholders and Category Leads.
- Develop detailed assessment of Company’s internal needs for critical goods and services including future growth plans.
- Create robust supply market analyses and cost models to uncover cost reduction opportunities and support execution of strategic sourcing events.
- Keep abreast of leading sourcing practices and tools within the broader field of Supply Chain Management and apply as part of Company sourcing events.
- Identify sources of supply market intelligence and advocate for on-going access to market reports.
- Develop prioritized list of strategic sourcing projects
- Balance supply market complexity and interest from Key Stakeholders to optimize the value for Company.
- Manage the competitive bidding process as part of strategic sourcing events, including supplier communications.
- Oversee and construct comprehensive bid evaluation models incorporating predetermined criteria and weightings, discounted cash flow analysis and input from Key Stakeholders.
- Develop compelling presentations (project updates, strategy recommendations, sourcing recommendations, etc.) for review with Supply Chain Management and Key Stakeholder groups.
- Develop negotiation strategies.
- Lead negotiations with Suppliers to optimize the Total Cost of the product or service.
- Interact with client business units to ensure understanding and ownership is achieved on all commercial and project-based sourcing initiatives.
- Coordinate the preparation and execution of commercial agreements.
- Travel Required – up to 30%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or relevant Business / Technical discipline.
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or relevant Technical discipline is preferred.
- 7-10 years of strategic sourcing or general Supply Chain experience.
- In-depth knowledge of strategic sourcing processes and tools.
- Advanced evaluation modeling experience including cost/benefit and present value analysis.
- Upstream Oil & Gas experience with specific planning and supply chain activities related to drilling, completion or production is preferred.