Job DescriptionOur client, a specialist company within Oil & Gas Drilling Fluids, is currently looking to hire a QC Chemist for a 6 month contract position based in Aberdeen.
- Responsible for undertaking raw material and final product QC
- Responsible for maintaining QC records
- Arranging waste disposal of retained QC samples
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Performs QC analysis on all raw material deliveries and finished products
- Responsible for ensuring all QC retained samples are traceable through the system.
- Maintains COO register
- Maintains calibration records for QC equipment
- Updates maintenance records for all QC equipment
- Completes certificates of analysis for outgoing tanks where requested
- Ensures correct sample procedures are adopted during sampling of tanks, IBCs, bulks for QC analysis
- Ensures correct segregation of QC retained samples and maintaining disposal dates
- Ensure Product QC specs are in place for all products and blends
- Responsible for ensuring correct QC laboratory is fully equipment with consumables and spare equipment parts to maintain QC operations
- Other duties as assigned
Responsible to update the QC log, COA and support documentation
Prepares monthly KPI data relating to QC activities
QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL (QHSE)
- Demonstrate safety leadership through active participation in all aspects of safety
- Participate in Service Quality and HSE incident investigations relating to product quality control
- Raises Service Quality for products which have not passed QC checks
- Participate in HSE audits, site inspections, etc.