An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Loss Prevention Engineer to join a well-established organisation based in Saudi Arabia
Job Description :
As a Loss Prevention Engineer you will provide input and support for the operation of the client and associated onshore and offshore facilities, including developmental support for the expansion projects.
The successful Loss Prevention Engineer will be required to:
* Provide safety and loss prevention information and support, including interpretations of codes, standards and practices, to Operations and Technical Group departments on existing plant and non-plant facilities, facility modifications and new projects.
* Participate and regularly leads a multi-disciplinary team in safety reviews e.g. Hazop study, What-If analysis, Cause and Effects reviews, etc. to help resolve day to day operations related safety issues and helps determine safety and feasibility of minor facility modifications.
* Participate or leads a multi disciplinary team in routine and special risk assessment on the entire span of client operations.
* Demonstrate a good understanding of factors influencing the choice of risk assessment techniques and advice to client departments (Operations and Technical Departments) on the most appropriate assessment methodologies.
* Prepares safety review/ risk assessment reports and provide follow up tracking advice to client departments.
* Participates in expansion project - design reviews, proposed facility modifications (MOC's) safety reviews and risk assessment workshops.
* Oversee contractors who facilitate risk assessment and hazard identification for the company.
* Possesses an understanding of how various loss prevention systems fit together and be able to assist and/ or write the loss prevention philosophy for projects.
* Participate and occasionally leads Safety Audits dealing with company facilities, activities, procedures and client Management Systems to ensure compliance and encourage continuous improvement in company's business processes.
* Participate in and provide specialist Loss Prevention input during Incident investigations. Assist in analysis of investigation reports to identify systemic failure and provide engineering and procedural enhancements to prevent recurrence.
* Develop safety and loss prevention procedures in conjunction with producing and process facility investigation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Provide safety advisory support services to gas/oil exploration, producing, refining/processing, or transportation organizations and may be involved in fire prevention engineering, design reviews, and construction activities to ensure compliance with company safety standards and requirements.
- Provide safety support to service organizations like medical, road transportation, marine, and aviation and assist them with implementing safety management system objectives and expectations.
- Incumbent will also assist with establishing safety goals, measuring the effectiveness of safety processes and initiatives, and identifying and resolving major safety concerns.
- Incumbent functions independently or in team assignments and reports administratively to the unit supervisor.