Plan various complex oil wells for both off-shore and on-shore and perform various engineering calculations.
- Maintaining and documenting well plans, structure files, 3D-analysis, torque & drag, hydraulics and casing programs relating to ongoing field work and for development of future work.
- Preparing well path proposals using client-supplied geological data.
- Analyzing proposals in relation to offset well information in order to advise client and field staff.
- Working closely with Directional Coordinators to prepare appropriate materials for bid packages and to ensure the smooth operation of ongoing jobs that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Preparing multi-well structure control data for the production of spider plots, 3D-proximity reports, ellipse of uncertainty reports and 3D interference plots.
- Planning, revising, and drafting final working copies of wall plots, spider maps, log-enhanced wall plots, ellipse of uncertainty plots and 3D interference plots.
- Process End of Well Reports and Gamma logs for MWD Department if required.
- Completing and filing Final Well Reports.
- Sort morning reports and deliver to Coordinator for review before filing
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years’ experience in MWD, Directional Drilling, Gyro Survey, Well Bore Logging or Drilling
- Minimum 2-5 years of industry related experience
- Bachelor’s in Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Drafting, Civil or Surveying preferred
- Previous experience with Well Planning software is preferred (Compass R 5000)
- Experience using AutoCAD preferred
- Proficient using on Microsoft Office suite
- Anti-collision experience a plus
- Detail oriented and excellent time management skills
- Strong organization skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule and be on call.