The Training Administrator reports directly to the Training Administration Supervisor. They are responsible for providing general administrative support to the training team based on site. Responsibilities of the Training Administrator include supporting the training events at the site training facility, the trainers delivering training and the employees scheduled for training.
This position requires a basic understanding of the company’s organization, functions, roles and responsibilities. In-depth knowledge of office protocol, customer service philosophies, document management methodologies and procedures and automated on-line system applications is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Provides administrative support for the training events at site.
- Works with and supports the Training Coordinator to ensure the logistics planned for the training event are executed.
- Supports trainers delivering training.
- Monitors training attendance, ensures timing notification of non-attendance and provides administrative support and assistance in coordinating and rescheduling course enrollments.
- Ensures certificates and training attendance records are received and filed.
- Manages employees training files.
- Updates Learning Management System with completion data.
- Ensures training rooms are returned to their usual state after training events.
- Completes routine administrative office duties including preparing reports, word processing, spreadsheets, filing, organizing, copying, faxing, binding, mail, courier service, maintain office supplies and other administrative responsibilities as requested.
- Manages Office Outlook entries for Training calendar / activity scheduling, task recordkeeping, contact entry and maintenance, as well as e-mail prioritization assistance.
- Assists with General Accounting issues. Receives inquiries from vendors, research discrepancies and resolve issues with vendors, process invoices for payment. Processes, tracks paperwork, enters, copies and files invoices. Handles vendor related phone calls regarding invoice inquiries. Verifies invoices against support documentation and route for appropriate approval and further processing and payment.
- Maintains all appropriate training documentation and ensures accurate electronic training records are kept.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
- Education: High School Diploma or GED, and must possess competent typing skills.
- Experience: At least five (5) years of experience as an Administrative Assistant. Work experience in an engineering environment highly desirable.
- Exceptional administrative and communication abilities are required.
- Must possess an acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
Page: 1 of 2
- Should be an effective communicator at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies and exhibit exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have strong and effective organizational skills and proven capability to manage multiple projects.
- Advanced computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, automated document management applications and the aptitude to continually learn new software or applications is required.