Job DescriptionLead Design Engineer – Powertrain – Automotive – Surrey - £40k - £50k plus bonus, holidays, pension
A prestigious and truly global automotive OEM are looking for an experienced Lead Design Engineer to work on projects related to Powertrain development at their facility in the Surrey area.
The right person for this position will be an experienced Design Engineer with a keen eye for detail.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of concept, generation of and manufacturing design definitions. Taking into consideration technical specifications, requirements, other constraints and regulatory standards.
- Undertake problem solving related to new and existing products
- Participate in developing and maintaining relevant engineering processes and procedures
- Undertake conceptual design for new product introduction
- Help identify and implement new business improvements
- Responsible for design requirements capture, planning and execution of DFMEAs and design reviews and any subsequent actions through to completion and sign-off
- Qualified to degree level – BSc / BEng / MEng / MSc
- Detailed knowledge of powertrain & chassis design
- Strong working knowledge of a variety of software tools for design
- A strong influencer with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience working with an Automotive OEM
- Salary £40k - £50k depending on experience
Design, development, Lead Engineer, automotive, CAD, Solidworks, OEM, DFMEA, concept, powertrain, chassis, failure modes, effect analysis, project, manufacturing.
Location – Surrey