Manage IT technical teams to implement the division’s strategy and goals to make a significant contribution to ensure a stable and secure IT environment. Act as a technical/professional expert within the department and resolves complex issues with significant impact on the business. Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial, strategic and quality aspects to support corporate initiatives.
- Within a budgetary framework and with full accountability, takes management responsibility for a complete IT function where the measure of success depends on achieving business goals, performance targets and agreed service levels as well as on the successful technical implementation or use of information systems.
- Identifies and manages resources needed for the planning, development and delivery of specified information and communications systems services and products. Takes full responsibility for all aspects of career development for subordinate staff.
- Recognises, and actively seeks ways to exploit information technology to address complex business, organisational and technical issues, of both a conventional and innovative nature. Influences senior level customers and project teams through change management initiatives, ensuring that professional standards are maintained.
- Plans and manages implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of automated systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business, where the measure of success depends on achieving clearly stated business/financial goals and performance targets. Gives operational and maintenance acceptance for new and changed systems and services.
- On the basis of both experience and foresight, sets up and maintains a risk management programme. In the event of a crisis, minimises its effect and manages resolution so as to bring the situation to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Leads development of IT operations, systems Infrastructure & architectures, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers. Takes full responsibility for ensuring that systems architectures balance functional, service quality and systems management requirements. Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to. Within a business change programme, manages the programme's target design, policies and standards, working proactively to achieve stable, viable designs, and ensuring consistency of design across projects within the programme.
- Takes overall responsibility for planning effective information storage, sharing and publishing within the organisation.
- Manages the implementation of business systems, IT Infrastructure and IT controls to measure performance, manage risk and ensure that IT and the business work together.
- Ensures architectural principles are applied during design to reduce risk, and advances assurance standards through ensuring rigorous security testing.
- In the context of Business Continuity, assesses protection, detection, and reaction capabilities, to determine whether they are sufficient to support restoration of information systems in a secure manner.
- Takes responsibility for major aspects of network/systems Infrastructure specification and design within the organisation. Makes recommendations for the improvement of network design operation and economics, wherever and whenever possible.
- Produces network design policies, philosophies and criteria covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing, security, resilience, recovery, access and remote access.
- Takes responsibility for major decision making in the planning of communications networks, taking account of the need for quality, security, availability, reliability, integrity and safety, and utilising (as appropriate) specialised techniques, tools, methods or standards.
- Within a small to medium scale change programme, plans, directs, and coordinates the programme’s projects and other activities, from contract/proposal initiation to benefit realisation, on behalf of senior management, to ensure optimum efficiency in the allocation of common resources and skills.
- Defines and agrees tender evaluation criteria, and budgets for the procurement of products and services. Prepares tender documents (eg invitations to tender, requests for proposal) and submits them to selected suppliers. Deals with suppliers' queries. Controls actual expenditure against budget.
- Develops implementation approach, taking account of current best practice, legislation and regulation. Ensures implementation of information security strategy in automated systems and ensures operations of security systems. Analyses results of investigations into complex, or highly sensitive security violations, to determine whether standards are fit for purpose, are current and are correctly implemented.
- Manages assessment of threats to confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability and relevant compliance. Takes ownership of security control reviews, business risk assessments, and reviews that follow significant breaches of security controls.
- Ensures that the service level requirements of each Customer area are determined, and that service level agreements, contracts and negotiations with both internal and external suppliers are aimed at meeting the business needs of the employing organisation, by providing a value for money service.
- Aligns storage investments and data management policies to meet the business goals based on the information value, classification of data, the Recovery Point Objective and Recovery Time Objective.
- Prepare section budget, estimate, plan and set objectives for the work of the function, within agreed policies. Monitors progress, take corrective action and produce reports as required by senior management.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or other relevant degree.
- Minimum of 11 years IT experience ideally within the oil/gas industry.
- Attain and maintain competence in accordance with the IT competency and development framework.
- Fluent in English language (demonstrated verbal & written skills) with well-developed interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate to all levels.
- Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards and has a broad understanding of all aspects of IT and a deep understanding of own specialism(s).
- Practical experience in project and program management and IT Risk and Security.