Key responsibilities & tasks include;
- Own the design of new and/or non-standardised product packages and develop technical solutions in order to meet the more unusual and/or non-standardised demands of assignments
- Produce designs of enhanced ‘quality’ (functionality, durability, etc.), with responsibility for entire products
- Evaluate the relevant discipline design rules/procedures/standards and propose changes and improvements
- Delegate responsibility for individual parts of design work as appropriate, and when more innovative solutions are required escalate for review prior to implementation
- Act as an escalation point for key issues/designs which require approval at this level, and formally review the designs of design engineers
- Work closely across internal clients in order to understand the overall workflow and to support the delivery of high quality outputs
- Ensure overall customer requirements are met in line with procedural standards, within budget and time scale.
Qualifications / Personal Attributes required;
- Minimum a degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant design experience including detail engineering and good knowledge of manufacturing
- Knowledge of subsea wellhead is essential
- Broad experience and understanding of technology and engineering practice of relevant product areas on both system and detail levels
- Conversant with requirements of various oilfield equipment codes and standards such as API 6A, 17D, ISO 13628-4 etc
- Have a proven involvement with multi-disciplined projects
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple activities and workload demands with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of offshore working techniques
- Open mind for new ideas, genuine team player, can do attitude and a hands on person.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and terms for a posting in KL, the company offers a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks.