Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, Expat Resident
Location: Saudi Arabia, Middle East
***Full Relocation Package Offered to Saudi***
Polyethylene Engineer Technology Specialist
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, one of the largest Chemical Companies in the world, is seeking a talented Polyethylene Technology Engineer Specialist for a full-time Expat Resident to be based in Saudi Arabia.
- Provide expert consulting on global Polyethylene (PE) operations or major capital planning activities and liaise with business teams and technical service engineers as needed and support the Company’s existing and future PE technology lines and perform evaluations and assessments of operational facilities
- Leverage strong technical capabilities and broad knowledge of various gas-phase, slurry, solution, or metallocene Polyethylene technologies offered by various licensors (i.e Spherilene®, Slurry-Loop, Hostalen®, Lupotech®, UNIPOL®, SCLAIRTECH®, etc.)
- Apply knowledge of differentiated HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE, ULDPE products, including bimodal or copolymer production. You will utilize your knowledge of PE catalysts and commoners, and you will act as lead technical consultant in comparing, ranking, and recommending the best technical fit process available from PE licensors to serve target market and product strategies
- Provide technical support to the Company’s chemical operations, evaluate new project opportunities, and benchmark the Company’s PE capabilities and assets and consult on potential mergers and acquisition due diligence by advising on the condition, technical capabilities, and potential of existing assets
- Act as independent technical advisor for R&D or Product Application work to ensure that leading edge development of PE innovations will support the creation and defense of sustainable market advantage and guide the long-range development of high potential engineers through navigated work experiences and knowledge sharing, so they emerge as future PE technology leaders
- Serve as a mentor to support the development of promising young engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or a similar
- Master’s degree preferred. PhD is a plus
- 15 years of experience in the petrochemicals industry with a significant portion in Polyethylene manufacturing, technical sales support and/or Polyethylene technology management
- International experience is required with Middle East experience particularly preferred
- Possess strong knowledge of technical capabilities of major Polyethylene processes, including product quality and improvements
- Current with emerging PE technologies and able to champion the successful development of improved polymerization and processing techniques
- Good communication skills and be comfortable working independently and effectively with cross-department teams and through vertical organizational levels.
- Previous leadership experience in Polypropylene manufacturing and technology management
- Demonstrate excellent presentation, interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to interface effectively with internal marketing, supply chain, engineering, R&D, and technical service groups
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a the largest Chemical Company in the world with plans of expansion. The successful applicant will receive a competitive rate as well as uplift, expatriate allowances, a comprehensive benefits package, medical coverage, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.