Our client, a global mining company has an urgent requirement to hire an Electrical Reliability Engineer to join their team. You will be responsible for assisting the Fixed Plant Maintenance Reliability team in data analysis, engineering and defect elimination to improve the availability and performance of the site’s assets.
The role reports into the Senior Reliability Engineer and will be site based on various FIFO rosters. Due to the location of site, a relocation to either Darwin or Cairns would be needed.
- Actively support the Maintenance Reliability team in areas of safety, cost reduction and production improvement
- Conduct Root Cause Failure Analysis on equipment downtime and component failures
- High level data analytics to optimise maintenance strategies and identify production and reliability improvement opportunities.
- Identify and Implement improvement and defect elimination projects.
- Review criticality analysis to ensure plant events are documented, tracked are prioritized through risk review
- Collaborate with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and build crossfunctional relationships
- Provide technical expertise to Execution to support work quality and safe execution of maintenance work.
- Personally works safely and aligns with the Client’s Care Strategy
- Complete field verifications of high risk tasks
- Manage individual performance
- Actively pursue opportunities to reduce operating costs and increase productivity through the application of policies and procedures, business systems, human and financial resources.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all internal and external departments
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Electrical Trade certificate with experience in similar role considered
- 5yrs experience in a similar role within the mining industry
- Solid understanding reliability centered maintenance principles
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills focusing on fixed plant equipment
- Experience with power generation
- Experience with PLC / SCADA control systems
- Proficiency in software such as MMS, Downtime Data Analysis, Microsoft Office, Autodesk Inventor, Conveyor Design and Apollo RCA will be highly regarded
What does the client offer?
- 4/3, 8/6 or 7/7 roster from Cairns or Darwin
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Competitive Salaries