Perform all project coordination activities and support the Manager, Projects Unit for the effective tracking, and implementation monitoring and review of new development projects and strategic initiatives determined by the executive management through all stages of the project life cycle to ensure that the projects are implemented successfully in line with the approved project parameters and the vision, mission and strategy of the company. Perform a broad range of administrative and business support services which include, report generation, best practice/process expert, project oversight, project records, standards management and administering the resource management in support of the accountabilities of the Special Projects Unit.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Special Projects Management and Implementation
- Coordinate with key partners for the effective tracking, and implementation monitoring and review of new development projects and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure that the projects are implemented successfully in line with approved project parameters and the vision, mission and strategy of the Group.
- Perform a broad range of administrative and business support services which include, report generation, best practice/process expert, project oversight, project records, standards management and administering the resource management in support of the accountabilities of the Special Projects Unit.
- Develop a strong knowledge database which will provide a useful knowledge management resource to share best practice and improve their performance.
- Drive relationship with key partners, including developing collaboration processes that drive team alignment and joint roadmap development.
- Coordinate with the various project parties on major Projects development to ensure that are successfully executed within approved budget, time lines and quality specifications and that they meet the required life cycle and capacity.
- Ensure proper coordination of project activities with all the parties involved in the project for effective progress and successful completion of the project.
- Assist in promoting fairness and transparency in dealing with third parties such as project consultants, contractors and manufacturers to ensure approved systems and procedures are in place.
- Organize and facilitate cross-functional project meetings. Track and report on the project status including schedule and scope adherence, risks and issues.
- Assist in the study and scrutiny of the detail draft Project Charter which includes scope, budget, schedule, delegation of authority and procedures, etc. project execution strategy, statement of requirements, basis of design and project organization, in order to review and check for any missing detail and comprehensiveness of documentation.
- Assist in the detailed analysis of the project study prepared by the project consultant and verify the feasibility of the project in order to recommend the project to the shareholders.
- Assist in the implementation of programs and strategic initiatives that support the vision and short- and long-term plans of the Company. This includes evaluating strategic intervention, initiatives and programs, and coordinating the development processes surrounding the unit-level strategic planning.
- Provide consulting and program management expertise for specific strategic initiatives that are deemed critical to the business success.
- Ensure distribution of documentation to concerned parties, collate their comments and resolve any arising conflict, ensure incorporation of the comments in the revised version or justification for the lack of any.
- Compile all project documentation for review by senior management of major project issues which may include the contracting strategy, key contract terms with the project management consultants contractors, license agreements, process guarantees, project master schedule, Master Control Estimate (MCE), Project Specifications and Standards.
- Prepare regular projects status report by compiling all the projects related documents.
- Report any issues and concerns related to all phases of project, includes recording all project expenditure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering, and industry knowledge with technical background.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 10 years of experience in an oil and gas industry.
- Ability to extract and analyze relevant data to make sound judgment.
- Excellent problem solving ability and communication skills.