To oversee systems supporting the project management and delivery for the company and oversee the performance of projects as part of such systems. Identify areas of improvement in systems and processes and provide assurance on their ability to deliver the required outcome to management. Coordinate efforts to manage / develop the project management human capabilities in the company and ensure implementation of relevant deployment and unitization frameworks. Intervene through relevant forums to address any identified issues with the project delivery process or implementation. Escalate any issues to all level of management for required action.
Guides and leads all activities pertaining to the companies projects execution and strategic initiatives. Monitor Companies’ overall strategic capital project portfolio and program and defines the significant risks at portfolio, directorate and company levels.
Initiates, conducts and manages project-engineering studies and produces up to date project execution guidelines for Companies’ implementation. Monitors and provide support during all phases of the projects being implemented by operating companies. Independently monitors operating companies’ project execution schedule and practices in order to ensure the implementation of company guidelines, best practices, and lessons learned.
Advisory role in procedural issues pertaining to Companies’ practices and strategy. Participate as a member of all the companies major projects steering as assigned by unit manager.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Regulator of the Project Management Process until delivery of projects. Ensure availability of appropriate system to ensure harmonized and consistent project delivery across the company; ensure mechanisms are in place to monitor and track such systems.
- Map high level strategies for project management and delivery in addition to identification of optimized tools to ensure the integrity and reliability of projects performance and deliverable.
- Oversee embedding of any asset integrity and health, safety and environment requirements as part of project execution strategies.
- Provide high level director to project execution resources and efforts towards a consistent collaborative performance.
- Represent the executive office directorate in all project steering committee with suitable authorization.
- Issue guidance and instruction to company project teams to address systematic issues and coordinate implementation of any process changes.
- Align related project management activities and management expectations with all: Business Line Directorates, Shareholders, Group Project Steering Committees, Technical Committees and Project managers; this is to build consistency and cascade requirements.
- Oversee reporting on all major project status, progress and follow up with concerned staff. Ensure constant alignment with project management and respective business line directorates on any identified concern.
- Support building competency for project Managers and establish systems to review their capabilities throughout the group.
- Represents and defends company interests in meetings with industry shareholders’ decision-making workshops.
- Prepares, monitors, and ensures that Companies’ are executing projects in accordance to company guidelines, implementing the commercial and technical strategy for the project in order to achieve objectives effectively.
- Prepares and obtains management approval for additional projects execution guidelines and/or clarifications in the interest of successful project execution.
- Agrees on project performance targets with the Company.
- Monitors the project budget and schedule, and addresses variances suitably to ensure progress as per plan.
- Participates in all project review audits and inputs into the review outcome and implementation of measures recommended.
- Follow up project completion as per business case budget and schedule. Review the project expenditures during all phases of the projects.
- Provide regular project reporting and ensures adequate communication flows between the different project execution teams.
- Prepare management reports and provides technical advice to Senior Management.
- Follows up the implementation of best industry practices across the Company to maintain excellence in HSE, production & facilities engineering fields.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by Unit Manager such as prepares for and attends Companies’ sub-committees.
- Support review of sound technical, business and project delivery practices for all Major Projects.
- Manage and administer the engineering resources contract to acquire on-call resources to address any shortages faced by the department ensuring no discontinuity of services to the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering discipline or equivalent.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum: 15 years’ of professional experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience in managing, leading and directing major projects for 10 years or more.