Job DescriptionJob Purpose
Working as part of the HQ Group Projects Unit reporting to the Project Excellence Manager the Risk Specialist will oversee risk systems across multiple projects, supporting the project management and delivery teams for the company and oversee the performance of projects as part of such systems. Identify areas of improvement in systems and processes and provide assurance on their ability to deliver the required outcome to management.
Guides on all risk activities pertaining to the companies projects execution and strategic initiatives.
- Support review of sound technical, business and project delivery risk management practices for all Major Projects.
- Highlights problem areas, risks, difficulties and other concerns in projects. Discusses and recommends course of corrective and mitigation measures for Management.
- Identifies possible risks in project execution and work with the Company to minimize such risks.
- Plan, develop, promote and mitigate high risks and exposure for the company in line with applicable protocol.
- Develop and contribute to various business risk, business continuity and enterprise risk management efforts and activities in the organisation.
Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering discipline or relevant.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
Minimum: 10 years’ of professional experience in the oil and gas industry.
Experience in managing and leading risk across major projects for 5 years or more.