Job DescriptionMechanical Engineer – Fixed Equipment
Location: Cameron, Louisiana
Duration: 24 month contract assignment
The Mechanical Engineer reports directly to the Principle Engineer, Rotating Equipment and will participate in a multi- discipline team that provides general Engineering, Construction oversight and Operations support to the LNG Plant Project during design, construction, startup and commissioning, and plant operations after handover.
Understands all facets of LNG transportation, storage, and processing, including health, safety, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards. Has In-depth knowledge of mechanical systems, national codes, standards and regulations, and their implementation in operating facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Serves as the mechanical systems administrator and provides daily equipment and mechanical systems support to the plant to keep the plant systems operational. Responsible for tracking availability and determining the overall reliability for the equipment throughout the plant.
- Uses sound engineering practices, plant standards, and specifications, ensuring that documentation for the mechanical systems are maintained properly. Lead the development of documentation standards including updates to the unit operating manuals. Participate in the Management of Change process. Develop and use computer-assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks and develop documentation.
- Development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for all equipment for increased efficiency and reduced downtime between scheduled Preventive Maintenance task and Planned Outages. These programs would include such items as Run Time Availability, Repeat Failures Analysis (Worst Actors), Run-hour graphs and Equipment Rotation schedules for example in the Predictive Maintenance Protocol.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and assist in planning and coordinating work for the Maintenance Department. Works with maintenance and operations on reliability issues when they occur; have vision and ability to create quality solutions for any problems.
- Serves as a plant expert on static equipment and mechanical system engineering issues (not limited to risk engineering, system integrity and applicability to specifications, philosophies, and standards), mentor the support groups (Mechanical Maintenance Supervision and Technicians). Understand and interpret codes, standards, and regulations that are equipment related.
- Develops proposals for plant improvements including design basis and preliminary estimates and budgets for capital projects. During development and construction, support the Project Manager as assigned to minimize overruns in project-related spending.
- Develops working relationships with other department personnel within the plant in order to seek out opportunities that will add value to each job completed.
- Reinforces awareness of safety and environmental incidents through frequent job observations by talking to personnel working in the plant. Responsible for developing or collecting information in support of permit requirements as assigned.
- Support the efforts of the Maintenance Planner / Scheduler, the Manager of Projects, and the Warehouse Supervisor (in developing equipment spare parts requirements), as needed.
- Perform other activities as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS)
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Professional Engineering License in good standing with at least one state is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of ten years as a Mechanical Engineer with a process plant background in the oil and gas industry. Must also have working experience in plant maintenance systems.
- Strong leadership and effective management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- A high level of safety awareness and knowledge of applicable LNG design regulations is required.
- Computer literate with typical office packages and basic computer literacy.