Job DescriptionElectrical Engineer – Production/Operations
Location: Cameron, Louisiana
Duration: Long-term contract assignment
NES Global Talent is looking for Electrical Engineers with production operations experience in facilities that own or manage Power Stations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Guide and direct the development of operating philosophies and detailed procedures, practices and standards for the LNG terminal.
- Serve as the electrical and power generation administrator and provide electrical systems support to Maintenance and Operations to keep plant systems operational.
- Responsible for the industrial electrical systems from the field devices (motors, switches, etc.) through the distribution from 120 V to 13.8 kV which includes lighting panels, power panels, UPS, motor control centers, distribution transformers, switchgear, gas turbines and diesel generators.
- Thoroughly understand the technical Management of Change (MOC) process and utilize it in support of capital projects and routine facility changes.
- Participate in Pre Startup Safety Reviews. (PSSR)
- Participate in regulatory agency audits.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, assistance in planning and coordinating work for the Maintenance department. Work with Maintenance and Operations on electrical issues when they occur.
- Develop design basis, preliminary estimates, and schedules for project design scopes.
- Work with Manager, Technical Services, to define problems, establish work scopes, prepare task budgets and schedules, plan work, provide technical direction, and report the work status to management.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering. A Professional Engineer’s (PE) License is a plus.
- Must have production operations experience in facilities that own or manage power stations.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years experience in an industrial setting in engineering or operations depending on the type of experience.
- Recent experience with LNG is preferred, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing
- experience may be acceptable.