Job DescriptionProject Engineer (Pipeline Pre-Commissioning project)
Son en Breugel, The Netherlands.
Full Time Regular (local)
About This Job
NES Global Talent has an opening for a Project Engineer to become part of the engineering team for a major pipeline pre-commissioning project, to be based in Son en Breugel, The Netherlands.
The Project Engineer is responsible for preparing procedures and documentation prior to mobilisation, supervising shifts and scopes of work, of varying sizes, reporting to the Project Manager, Lead Project Engineer and PMO Manager.
They will be involved in pigging, air drying, nitrogen purging and office based engineering duties such as generating procedures and mobilisation lists.
Process experience such as N2He leak testing and bolting is an advantage.
Key responsibilities / accountabilities
- Develop procedures and documentation as required during the pre-engineering phase of the project in line with company and legislation standards.
- Review and amend procedures.
- Have procedures accepted and signed off by the client prior to starting any work.
- Assist in specifications and procurement for required project equipment.
- Oversee shifts and work scopes, ensuring that all operations are carried out as per procedure and as per the Company's HSE and Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that all subordinates are fully briefed on the work scope, their duties, the risks and HSE procedures and requirements.
- Prepare all required Field Paperwork, including weekly reports and weekly timesheets.
- Maintain effective communication with the client representative and the office.
- Monitor instruments to assure proper flow, pressure and operational conditions.
- Ensure that operation of equipment is carried out as per the Company’s HSE and Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that the daily maintenance of equipment is carried out and ensure the equipment is ready for a job at all times.
- Carry-out the operation of equipment as required as per the Company’s HSE and Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to the process of continuous training and qualification improvement of employees within the Project.
- Train subordinates on equipment, job procedures and safety regulations.
- Complete final reports in a timely manner at the end of every work scope.
- Qualified to High School Diploma level (or equivalent).
- Pipeline experience (commissioning and pre-commissioning) is required for this role.
- Pigging and leak testing experience would be highly desirable.
- Offshore experience is essential for this role.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be a self-starter and natural leader who is capable of working with little to no supervision.
- Excellent safety attitude is a must. Must participate in all Company safety programs and adhere to all policies.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant Engineering subject.
- Process experience, such as bolting, N2 or helium leak testing would be an advantage.
Our client is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry.