Currently Australia’s Oil and Gas industry is in an exciting growth phase with 2018 set to be an excellent time for skilled workers to rejoin the sector As such we are now seeking experienced Workshop Technician to fulfill two long-term contracts with possible permanent positions commencing immediately in Roma.
NES Global Talent has partnered with this international Oil and Gas service provider to source the top talent available in the Australian market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Our client is recognized internationally as technical specialists within Oilfield services. As an experienced Workshop Technician you have the opportunity to gain experience on leading edge technology within a team recognized for superior service provision.
The Workshop Technician will work alongside the other senior base technician on mechanical works and will be supervised by Base Manager.
Responsibilities and requirements include:
- General mechanical assembly experience, PCP drive head assembly would be of an advantage.
- Ba able to interpret drawings & follow detailed Standard Work Procedures.
- Quality focused, good eye for detail, “Right first time”.
- Painting/Part marking & packing of finished equipment.
- Loading and Unloading of trucks and storage of finish part goods.
- Documenting and checking delivery manifest.
- Assisting in management of inventory for parts, tools and consumables.
- Maintaining and replenishment of shop inventory.
- Current drivers, fork lift license.
- Mechanical/trade background would be an advantage.
- Gantry crane ticket would be an advantage.
Job Skills and Attributes:
- Mechanical minded.
- Experience with mechanical lift equipment and load restraint.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Inquisitive nature, not scared to ask questions
- Dynamic, motivated, team player
- Job task planning and organizing skills
- Sound computer skills
- Ability to work within a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Ensure the department is in compliance with KUDU’s health and safety procedures and that safe work practices are reinforced.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within fairly complex, fast-moving work environment under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated manual dexterity and speed
- Ability to work as contributing member within team environment
This is a Monday to Friday role based in Roma. Overtime may be required per operational requirements.
It is essential also to have full Australian work right and able to provide a clear National Police Clearance.
Should your skills and ability fulfill the above please ‘Apply Now’.