Health & Safety Officer – North West – 12 Months FTC (Warrington, Merseyside, Runcorn, Northwich)
(£30,000 - £35,000)Bonus & Holidays
A leading Global Manufacturer with sites across the UK is looking for an experienced Health & Safety Advisor to cover for maternity leave.
The main purpose of the role is to support the company and various sites with the operations of company systems (ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001) covering the effective management of quality, health, safety and environment. This will include extensive working on live projects, Risk assessments, audits and promoting Health & Safety on site.
- On a day to day basis provide guidance and advice to the region on compliance with statutory requirements and company standards
- To respond to requests for advice which fall within the job holders area of expertise, through discussion with the Regional SHEQ Manager, and others where appropriate.
- Undertaking risk assessments relating to SHEQ as required.
- Proactively working with operational teams during the project lifecycle to ensure that SHEQ is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified
- Assisting the business with the implementation of the ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards
- Undertaking ‘active’ monitoring and auditing of the companies site, providing feedback via the company’s reporting system
- Highlighting areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred. Where necessary preventing works continuing on site
- Be responsible for ensuring effective close out of corrective actions raised, open incident reports, and significant site issues.
- Producing a weekly activity report
- Investigating incidents and producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry through regular reading of journals and relevant website/ site visits
- Raise awareness on SHEQ and sustainability issues through toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary.
- Providing proactive support to operational business units.
- Up to date knowledge of UK legislation in relation to SHE
- Communication and influencing skills
- Qualifications in H&S, quality or environmental management (e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent).
- Relationship management with Operational leadership
- Relevant Building Materials or Construction experience
- Working to OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 based systems
- Competitive salary
Key Words; health & safety, ISO, risk assessments, NEBOSH, IOSH, Auditing, Stakeholder reporting, SHEQ, leadership, commissioning, H&S officer, NVQ Level 4