ESSENTIAL: Environmental health and safety. Industrial/occupational hygiene. Workplace monitoring. Risk assessment. R&D Support. Worker health.
Industrial hygiene is the scientific discipline that protects people against the wide range of health risks that can arise from potential hazards in the workplace. The job of an occupational hygienist is to identify and control these hazards, in order to protect workers from serious illnesses. My client, a bluechip pharmaceutical company is currently seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Advisor to control these hazards.
Environmental Health and Safety Advisor Key Responsibilities:
- Carrying out thorough risk assessments inside laboratories and offices alike, assessing their potential impact on the health of employees.
- Monitoring equipment for hazards or product contamination, including the upkeep of consumable monitoring equipment and re-ordering when required.
- Calculate and record analytical results as necessary and maintain occupational hygiene records including computer records where necessary.
- General safety activities throughout the company.
- Have at least 1+ years’ experience in environmental health and safety
- Be a methodical and analytical worker, with good data handling and IT skills
- Be highly alert and have a keen eye for detail
- Be a trained hygienist, BOHS qualified to at least module 1
- Have excellent communication skills on a verbal and written level.
This position is based on a 3 month contract basis and is due to start immediately. If successful, you can expect a very competitive salary package, in addition to assisting a global pharmaceutical to maintain their high standards of safety.