Job DescriptionOur client based in Hastings, are in need of an experienced Electrical Technician Wireman who can strengthen the team and support thier ambitious growth plans within the Subsea market.
To assemble or refurbishment of Electrical/Electronic assemblies / sub-assemblies within products or service departments. Perform general duties within the workshop environment to assist manufacturing activities. To carry out any other requirements needed to allow the company to operate efficiently.
- To ensure technical conformance to specifications (ISO 9001 )while ensuring all work is documented and performed in accordance with company procedures, documentation and production schedule.
- To work at all times to the Company’s Quality Management System
- To complete all activities identified within the department work packs etc
- Perform detailed strip down, assembly and test activities in line with work instructions and procedures
- To support the Electronic / Electrical engineering group achieve their objectives within a quality critical and high reliability engineering/production environment
- Ensure all calibrated equipment used within the build, test process is within calibration date and rated for the work activities
- To Support Operators/Technicians to improve quality awareness and aid standardization of processes while supporting the Electronic /Electrical group to enhance overall system reliability and reduce system defects
- Maintain workshop plant and equipment including test equipment as required
Qualifications & Experience
- HNC in Electronic or Electrical Engineering
- Qualified to IPC standards or have sound knowledge of IPC standards
- Specific Training/ Specialist Skills
- Proven demonstrable ability to fault find
- Proven demonstrable ability to Wire complex units in a manual assembly environment
- Proven demonstrable ability to read mechanical assembly drawings, wiring diagrams, circuit diagrams and electrical test procedures
- Proven demonstrable ability to hand solder electronic components
- Demonstrable experience working with Multi-meters and Oscilloscopes etc