Job DescriptionAutomation Test Engineer – 6 Months Contract – Abingdon
Automation Test Engineer Essential skills: Experience in practices such as Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) – experience using VSTS builds would be an advantage. Experience in Python, MS Build scripting. Experience of using or developing open source test tools and test frameworks. Experience of testing complex applications. Experience of software testing in the Cloud
Automation Test Engineer to have:-
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Able to collaborate with different teams across the programme to promote a Quality Culture
- Challenge decisions where necessary in a positive way
- Design test strategies and test automation techniques
- Develop and maintain automated tests and scripts to support efficient regression testing.
- Able to understand, modify and maintain different levels of automation test pyramid
- Experience in practices such as Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) – experience using VSTS builds would be an advantage.
- Experience in Python, MS Build scripting
- Automation Test Engineer to have experience of using or developing open source test tools & test frameworks
- Experience of testing complex applications
- Ensure engineering solutions meet the acceptance criteria as based upon the current requirements and specifications.
- Utilize & promote use of the software development standards, testing & evaluation techniques defined by our software development organization, & contribute towards their improvement.
- Design, organize & execute test strategy, test plans & test suites with focus on intended application workflows & in close cooperation with the Development Team.
- Manage test data required by the test plan.
- Track testing progress, proactively identify & escalate project risks.
- Review test plans with focus on the intended application workflows, contribute technical expertise to ensure Test Plan completeness.
- Find, explore, analyse & prioritize technical problems based on the importance to the end user & effect on overall product quality.
- Document & report test results in a timely manner using provided systems for test result reporting & defect tracking.
Automation Test Engineer Preferable skills:
- Experience of software testing in the Cloud
- Adaptable & willing to learn new technologies, keeps abreast of key developments in relevant technologies
- Demonstrate an external test community footprint through conferences & blog post.
- Awareness of software architecture, coding or scripting languages.
- Make sure processes & systems are in place to generate quality both at code & application level
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK