Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.Our client is currently seeking an Intermediate Cost Specialist in the Calgary area. Candidates must be local or have accommodations in the area as no LOA will be provided.
The Cost Specialist is responsible for the management, tracking and accurate reporting of cost, schedule and planning related to activities on assigned projects, while ensuring project reporting is aligned with the company’s business practices, goals and objectives.
- Implement project controls systems to track costs
- Ensure all costs and hours expended on the project are allocated to the correct budget accounts
- Validate contractor submittals for agreed-upon rates and correct coding
- Work with Inspectors to review and approve reports for accuracy
- Work with Contracts Administrator to ensure contractor invoices, coding, amounts, and reported quantities are in line with contract terms
- Update and monitor project performance; verify actual progress and resources versus planned
- Ensure contractors are tracking the progress of their work, utilizing scorecards to report earned value and overall scope completion percentages
- Work with project Cost Coordinators to implement project controls plan and strategies
- Collaborate with Engineering Cost Associates to manage invoice and work orders
- Work with Contracts Administrator to ensure Project Controls deliverables are being received and to formalize Contract Changes related to cost and schedule.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Related university degree or technical diploma and minimum of 8-10 years directly related experience, equivalent combination of field operations experience and education will be considered
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Experience with oil, gas or petrochemical facility construction is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present data and analysis
- Ability to apply project controls principles to multi-discipline projects
- Working knowledge of planning & scheduling work processes related to construction project controls
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in established deadlines