Job DescriptionNES Sure Flow is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a major Oil and Gas producer, has an opportunity for a Contract Operator. This will be a field based position and 7-on 7-off – 12 hrs per day. ALL candidates must be local or have own accommodations in the Fort McMurray area, as no camp or LOA will be provided.
- Safe and efficient operations of various equipment located in the steam plant and related facilities (pumps, pipelines, controls, valves and other related equipment).
- Monitoring and control of the assigned unit.
- Performing regular testing and analysis on products.
- Performing safe and efficient start-up and shut-down of equipment by following proper procedures.
- Comply with safety standards and company regulations.
- Learn the layout, purpose and operating parameters of each system.
- Maximizing plant throughput and operating cost efficiency for your shift.
- Assist Maintenance personnel in troubleshooting and repairing of plant equipment.
- Rotate job positions as directed by the Shift Engineer.
- A minimum of (3) to (5) years of operating experience is required. Preference will be given to those with experience in the thermal recovery process, oil field steam generation, control panel operation, oil and water processing and oil field production operations.
- A valid 3rd or 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate.
- Strong trouble shooting and decision making abilities.
- Familiarity with government regulations, corporate policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Well-developed computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word; knowledge of Maximo is an asset.
- Valid H2S, Emergency First Aid, Ground Disturbance Level 1, Confined Space Entry and Fall Arrest Certification required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.