Job DescriptionPOSITION OVERVIEW
The Business Planning Manager, Operations reports to the VP&GM of Operations and is responsible for supporting the management of all plant operations to achieve or exceed key performance indicators for safety, environmental and production.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of management of large scale facilities is a necessity. This includes understanding the technical aspects of Asset Management, including development and management or people, contracts, and financials. Understanding and background in diverse plant operations is required. The Business Planning Manager, Operations also needs to have in-depth understanding of financial, performance and risk management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
• Responsible for leading and developing strategic plans and strategic business plans.
• Responsible for developing and managing the department budget.
• Manage preparation of annual budget, including volumes, revenues, expenses, and capital.
• Will interface with the Site Leadership Team (SLT) on budget issues, variance explanations, and forecasting.
• Will manage the day-to-day business aspects of Operational Facilities in supporting the Vice President and General Manager.
• Responsible for managing preparation and development of short/long term plans and programs covering business plans.
• Managers all asset performance management programs.
• Managers all asset operational readiness programs.
• Responsible for facilitating the overall risk management process for assets and assigned projects.
• Manage and lead Operational facility reports to support site and corporate business functions.
• Manage the review and report significant cost allocations against the Cost Centers to ensure costs are allocated against correct cost codes / project areas.
• Develop and maintain historical documentation of Budget and Financial issues and prepare appropriate management and accountability reports.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
• Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree required.
o Experience: 7+ years related experience.
• Skills: Excellent leadership and administrative abilities are required. An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment. Effective communicator at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies. Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Organized and able to manage multiple projects. Computer savvy including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint,
• Technical Skills:
o Planning, Cost Control, Risk Analysis.
o Operational Knowledge.
o Commercial knowledge .
o Effective controls management via financial & schedule control, resource management, planning, cost management, risk and change management.
o Advanced analytical/ economic/ business risk modeling skills.
o Ability to communicate with clarity and business sense at higher levels within the organization and with customers, and third parties.
o Advanced contract negotiation, legal drafting, and legal interpretation skills.
o Proficiency in Oracle, Primavera (or other project management tool).
o Proficiency in risk and performance management tools and programs.