ESSENTIAL: Locum pharmacist. Prescription only and pharmacy medicines. Quality assurance checking. Medicine dispensing. GPhC, RPS, GDP, GWP and ISO standards.
My client, a global healthcare and pharmaceutical company, has opened 2 new locum pharmacist vacancies in order to assist in their prescription only medicines and pharmacy medicines (POM & P). This role, working night shifts 10pm-6am, shall involve the physical checking of all prescriptions and orders and ancillary items before their dispatch to patients.
Locum Pharmacist Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure all POM & P medicines (Renal & Bioscience) are 100% checked for accuracy in product code, product description, batch, expiry date and quantity required.
- Ensuring all Standards and Guidelines issued by the GPhC and the RPS are met and are implemented as part of their practice.
- High quality assurance checking, regarding corresponding medicines and patient information. Eg correct materials, labels and addresses
- Ensure a hand over is completed before the end and the beginning of each shift.
- Carrying out risk assessments and reporting appropriately, including complaint handling and investigation.
- Provide advice on medicines and processes to patients, prescribers and company employees.
- Work closely with the operational warehouse team in order to correct picking errors at the time of detection.
Locum Pharmacist Key Requirements:
- Masters level degree in pharmacy (MPharm) and being a member of GPhC.
- Prior pharmacist experience, with the ability of experience of supervising staff.
- Has working knowledge of Good Documentation Practice (GDP) and Good Warehouse Practice (GWP).
- High level quality assurance checking skills, with advanced attention to detail.
- Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to produce a concise and accurate handover.
- Be highly reliable and organised, being able to prioritise workload and work under pressure.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.