Job DescriptionMaintenance Team Leader – Bedfordshire – Shifts - £47,500
An established and recognised Building Materials Manufacturer is looking to hire a Maintenance Team Leader to oversee a team of 4 Maintenance Engineers within their site in Bedfordshire
You will be expected to lead from the front and be actively involved in the day to day running, as well as overseeing the team, to ensure continued production to high quality and ensuring the most effective production process from an engineering perspective, you will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of machinery as one of the 4 teams on site.
- Repair and maintenance of all machinery on site including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic
- To undertake reactive and preventative maintenance on all plant and equipment in line with the maintenance plan
- In conjunction with Engineering Stores development of machine specific parts schedules.
- Contribute and actively participate in continuous improvement activities
- To participate in and contribute to other aspects of departmental addressing issues such as health and safety, quality, cost, efficiency, 5Ss, standardised work practices and effective communication.
- Responsible for site security, including start up and shut down of machines, ensuring that site lock-up and alarm procedures are followed when opening and securing the site
- Support any part of the business where required
- Overseeing a cross functional team
- 25% supervisory duties, 75% hands on maintenance duties
- Experience of working in Manufacturing environment (Heavy industry preferred)
- Mechanical and Electrical engineering
- Ensure with support from maintenance the installation of all required equipment and tooling in line with HSE requirements
- Experience within a supervisory or management position
- Recognised apprenticeship
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety at Work regulations
Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, Team Leader, Building Materials, Supervisor, Machinery
Location – Bedfordshire