Job DescriptionPrincipal Engineer – Functional Safety – Automotive – Leicestershire– up to £60k, bonus, holidays, pension
A prestigious and globally recognised automotive brand is looking to improve on current best practices and employing a Principal Engineer for Functional Safety at their Head Office.
The right person for this role will be an experienced Functional Safety Engineer with good working knowledge of ISO26262
- Create, define and implement the companies functional safety system
- Work as part of cross functional teams (Powetrain / Chassis / Electrical / Electronics) in developing the standards
- Help promote a culture of Functional safety awareness in the organisation
- Regularly audit the system for understanding and process improvement
- Conduct and review HARA, FTA and FMEA.
- Comfortable with travel to UK & Worldwide sites
- Qualified to degree level – BSc / BEng / MEng / MSc
- Detailed knowledge of ISO26262
- Experience in system implementation
- A strong influencer with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experienced auditor
- Experience working in the Automotive industry
- Evidence of ISO26262 certification and training
- Up to £60k depending on experience
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday + stats
ISO26262, IEC61508, system creation, auditing, automotive, communication, functional safety, documents, best practice, cross-functional teams, assertive, FMEA, FTA, HARA, failure modes and effects analysis, fault tree analyses, hazard analysis & risk assessments.
Location – Leicestershire