Job DescriptionJob brief:
Development and execution of the project cost plan and monitor costs and collects cost data to ensure conformity with top management's budget directives, cost tracking, forecasting; and financial reporting
• Cost control covers home office services, field supervision, subcontracts, commissioning, materials & equipment supply.
• Ensures an understanding of Jacobs’ standard techniques and methods of cost control and cost reporting as a basis for establishing the man-hours, computer cost and other expenses to be carried out or to complete these activities. This includes the preparation, on time and with the required quality, of the:
- project control budget summary
- detailed control budgets for issue to parties concerned, incl. quantities for bulk materials.
- establishing of the weighting factors --based on the detailed monetary control budgets-- to be used for the physical progress report; the measurable base is defined in this progress report by others.
- Monthly, unless agreed otherwise, project cost (status) reports for the Client.
- Monthly project cost (status) reports for Jacobs’ management.
• Works in concert with the Project Planning engineer, the Project accountant and the Project administrator to ensure cost and schedule integration.
• Monitors the man-hours and cost of the project activities. Develops and recommends, with the appropriate key team members, corrective action or revised methods to the Project manager if cost deviations are anticipated.
• Attends in-house cost control review meetings with the Project manager/engineer and presents/answers questions related to project cost.
• Advises the Project manager and Cost control supervisor of any event or decision having a significant impact on cost.
• Reviews cost estimates for extra's and negotiates changes with Clients and/or vendor and/or subcontractors if delegated to him by the Project manager.
• Assists in developing and recording historical cost information for future projects
- broad knowledge of the other project control tools
- sound knowledge of the Jacobs organization procedures related to project control
- working knowledge of the remaining Jacobs organization procedures
- broad knowledge of the application software for cost control and its integration with cost estimating, planning & scheduling, procurement, departmental bulk material control & accounting, etc
- working knowledge of: project execution; engineering & design documents; procurement; construction; financing, insurances, etc
Engineering degree with 10 years of experience as Cost Engineer.
Due to Visa limitation, apply only if you are a resident in Saudi Arabia with transferable Visa/Residence Permit (Iqama)