Job DescriptionOur client is energy corporation and due to continued growth, a Company is looking for an Associate/Senior Associate who will join and who will be a part of the mergers and acquisitions department in one of the leading companies in energy sector.
Main focus of the role will be on mergers and acquisitions as well as processes of providing financing for such investments. The mentioned above role will involve the following:
- Assistance to define target-screening scope, and comprehensively evaluate companies;
- Valuate different financial vehicles and packages, and assist in preparing financial models;
- Work closely with management board in deal negotiation and closing of contracts;
- Prepare M&A offers;
- Assisting in due diligence processes, supervision of external advisors and internal specialists;
- Project management;
- Facilitate post-merger integration;
- Preparing presentations, memorandums, term sheets in accordance with the Company’s internal policy;
- Participation in financing process of the project.
Thus, the most closely to the Company’s expectations candidate should have the following knowledge and experience:
- Strong numerical, financial skills and full understanding of financial statements;
- Experience in building financial models and valuing businesses using various methodologies, mainly DCF and comparable companies as well as the comparable transactions;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - ability to present investment thesis and targets for decision making purposes;
- Committed to working to tight deadlines, efficient and evidencing strong project management skills;
- University graduate with a minimum of 2 years of experience for Associate and 5 years for Senior Associate in corporate finance area, preferably in energy sector (but it is not obligatory);
- Good understating of M&A cycle;
- CFA/CIMA/ACCA or similar type of certificate will be a strong advantage.